Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as my name says i have a wagon. well i want to make it handle better with a rear sway bar. who makes a sway bar that fits a wagon?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it will just bolt in right? i'm just want to be sure i don't need to weld brackets or drill too many holes. i don't have a welder and have one day a week to do modifcations(might be miss spelled).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-I highly recommend the Hotchkis bar. You will need to purchase some aftermarket Lower Control Arms no matter what bar you go with. The OEM LCA's aren't up to the task.

A search will turn up a lot of informative posts on the variety of LCA options available. All are simple bolt-ons. All accept the Hotchkis wagon bar as a simple bolt-on as well.

Add an F-body or aftermarket front bar and some decent shocks and you won't believe you're driving the same car. Really.

-Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another endorsement for the Hotchkis rear bar. I replaced the full set of rear control arms at the time but all you really nead are the standard length lowers to bolt it right up. Shortly afterward, I replaced the front bar with the f-body bar and the wagon handled better than my wife's stock SS. (Needless to say, we had to upgrade her car next.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.