Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do wagons have rear swaybars from the factory? Where is it located in front of the rear end?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The parts catalog shows a rear swaybar for the wagon, but I have heard they are pretty rare. Mine is fully loaded with auto load level, towing package, posi, etc, but no swaybar.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thinks its the same deal on mine. Do you think handling would be improved alot with a rear swaybar?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "B" parts book does not list one for the "B35" wagon that I can see. There was said to be some limo bar that fit but no one seems to be able to come up with a part number. The general consensus on this forum is to buy the 1 1/4 Hotchkis rear bar for the wagon and either the Hotchkis 1 7/16 front or the second gen "F" body front. The "F" bar does not fit well with out spacing it back and down in my opinion. Either way (I have the F front and Hotchkis rear) the difference is unbelievable. Note you will need more substantial rear trailing arms than stock, as the heavy rear bar will tear up the stock ones. Regards, Gerry

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not even the Police Package (1A2) Wagons had a sway bar! I ordered one for my wagon around Christmastime when Hotchkis had them for $105.00 delivered. I'm waiting for my control arms to come from Maco to do the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts