Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know mcuh about suspensions but would like to upgrade mine to do 2 things: Stay flat during cornering and plant the rear during launch. Is an F-body front with rear HA bar a good sway bar combo? What will I need for good launches?

TIA,
John Hunt
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's the swaybar combo that I have and I love it. At the very least, you'll want (some say have) to upgrade your lower control arms. You may even want to upgrade to an extended upper and lower set in order to center your rear wheels in the wheel well.

FWIW--I will be installing the stock length Hotchkis LCAs (along with Bilstein 1516/1517 and Bridgestone RE730s) at the end of March. I'm expecting quite an improvement over the worn out Comp TAs, stock deCarbons and stock LCAs.

Mike P
96 BBB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did the HO front & rear bars. My new LCA's are coming in this Friday. I'll give you an update.

The handling improves greatly, but you will lose a bit on your quarter time. Many of the hardcore racers actually disconnect their swaybars. Your car will also not "buck up" in the front when you punch it anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the HO front and HA rear bars. I dont autocross and I do drive really fast so that was the best choice for me.

In turns, even at high speeds, the car is FLAT.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey man nice name!!!!
mine is Jonathan Hunt... i saw the post and thought I don't remember that post... anyway cool name!!!
Jonathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.