Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any benefit in running synthetic oil in a normal 305? I've heard that synthetic oil can raise oil pressure in the engine( this would help because every now and then my "low oil pressure" light comes on). If there is any benefit which brand would ya'll recommend.

Also on a sidenote has anyone ever tried to get a 383 to work with tbi and have a decent amount of power? The reason i ask I'm saving up to get a new engine and was thinking of possibilities for a swap.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Synthetic oil isn't going to raise the oil pressure if it is bad enough you're getting a light. You have more severe problems.

And there are several 383s running TBI's out there. Start digging around third gen F-Body sites and you'll find the folks who can help you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run Amsoil 0w-30 sythetic oil and yes I can tell the needle moved up just a bit on the pressure guage once I changed the oil over.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but yeah if your pressure is that low than synthetic oil isn't changin much at all.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would changing over to a high volume oil pump fix the problem?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be a band-aid fix. You might run into more problems like oil consumption.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts