Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 2 days, my stereo (HU, speaks, amps, subs, everything) has been powering off randomly and then immediately powering on again. It happens at both high and low volumes and sometimes it happens every few hours, while sometimes it happens every couple minutes. I checked all my connections and everything appears fine. What could be the issue?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like head unit wiring to me.

The head unit shuts down the amps are going to shut down because the no longer get the 12V remote signal.

Pull the headunit and make sure everythings fine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough to say. Could be a loose wire somewhere, could be a voltage issue where you are getting spikes in the voltage or could be just a bad HU.

How old is the HU? Have you done anything to upgrade the power?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine was doing that til i went behind the dash and pushed on the wires going INTO the wiring harness of the head unit....
i guess it was the moves from hydraulics...but anyways it works now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That reminds me of a bad ground I once had. But loose connection sounds like a culprit. I feel for you since you have to go arm deep in that octopus and all the possible connection junction.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man im having the same problem kind of sort of--except my head unit stays on but no sounds comes out my speakers... i have an amp powering my speakers--but everything is connected fine--the fuses look fine also--im stuck

can a fuse be bad even though it doesnt look blown?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
You're sure the amp isn't blown?
if it isnt--its going out... cuz it comes on and off...so i dont think its wiring or the fuses

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by soulassasin:
Does the amp get hot?
im going to disconnect it today and take it up to circuit city or best buy and have them test it...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt its the amp. The amp wont cause the head unit to turn off. I bet its like what was stated above, sounds like a Headunit ground or bad connection. Did you solder the wires behind the headunit? If not than just looking at the connection can not tell you if its a good connection or not.
If its soldered than you know its good because its not coming undone.
Good Luck and hope you find the problem, let us know what it was
Later
Bernie

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 1 RAW SS:
I doubt its the amp. The amp wont cause the head unit to turn off. I bet its like what was stated above, sounds like a Headunit ground or bad connection. Did you solder the wires behind the headunit? If not than just looking at the connection can not tell you if its a good connection or not.
Later
Bernie
my headunit didnt cut off--just the sound stopped coming out of the speakers

i think it was my amp, but i took it out and had them wire my speakers to run off the factory deck and no problems since... but im selling my car, that was the reason for removing the amp

check the for sale section

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i do appreciate all the suggestions guys--if i were to keep my car i would of trouble-shooted a little more :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by texasboyy02:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1 RAW SS:
Later
Bernie
my headunit didnt cut off--just the sound stopped coming out of the speakers

i think it was my amp, but i took it out and had them wire my speakers to run off the factory deck and no problems since... but im selling my car, that was the reason for removing the amp

check the for sale section
</font>[/QUOTE]I was responding to the orginal post here.
Originally posted by Caddylack:
For the past 2 days, my stereo (HU, speaks, amps, subs, everything) has been powering off randomly and then immediately powering on again. It happens at both high and low volumes and sometimes it happens every few hours, while sometimes it happens every couple minutes. I checked all my connections and everything appears fine. What could be the issue?
Didnt notice that there were two different people using the same post. Sorry
Later
Bernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts