Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handwriting Schematic Rectangle Slope Font

There is a connector, -2 wire, that is clamped to the back of the Aux "compartment" (#11) between the two rear hinges of the top cover (#1). I only discovered it while R&R ing the Zinc-to-Copper Aux Battery Terminal. What would/should be attached to this connector?

· Premium Member
789 Posts
It's the unused plug for power antenna option.If you have a fixed mast standard antenna,the plug is not used.My 94 is a fixed mast car,and has the unused plug clipped onto back side of aux box.You can just see it in my pic here.
Hope this helps,Jim

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim, I do have a power antenna on the passenger rear quarter. Looks like a factory antenna and harness, but I don't find any wiring going to the Aux Batt POS. The Power Ant works fine with ignition/stereo powered ON/OFF. I'll post a picture and wire colors in the morning.

· Premium Member
5,319 Posts
And , remembering that this is a 1994-1996 Impala SS forum , maybe state exactly what car you have.
Fleetwoods, RM sedans, wagons have subtle differences that we do do not all know about.
The Impala , there is a three pin antenna plug in that area as already mentioned.
There is a two pin underhood lamp plug there too.
Buick , Caddy , no clue what else might be there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts