Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I'm ready to install the Torsen T2R in the SS. I would like to hear from others running the T2R on suspension set-ups. Autocrosser has posed that he went with a smaller rear bar but I still have my HO specialties Front bar which is stiffer and would dial back some under steer. I also have a Hotchkiss rear bar I could use to replace the Current HA bar.I am running Global West front springs with Stock SS rear springs. I know I can just play with them but its summer, my dog has fleas and I get bit everytime I spend some quality time on the garage floor.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm running the T2. Gave me noticeably less understeer with all stock setup. I'm currently running all stock except Monroe SS shocks, Airlifts, ZQ8s and Spindle Extenders. With 8 PSI in the bags and 35 PSI all around, I have a bit of static understeer with a bit more understeer during turn-in. Giving it 1/4-1/2 throttle brings it into a sweet neutral drift, while more brings it around. I assume the T2R would induce even more oversteer tendency.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allen : not sure what to tell you here other than just "drive it" with the T2R and see what you think. All of these cars respond differently, so you might not need the smaller rear bar whereas I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts