Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The attached spreadsheet is a comparison of the T56 and 4L60E transmissions. You can change the following variables: tire size, rear gear ratio, and max engine rpm to explore their effect on engine speed and vehicle speed per gear. There are 3 options for the T56: MN6, M29 and M28. There is a fourth option to name your own transmission and enter ratios for that tranny.

Unzip the file and save it to your hard drive. PM me with questions and suggestions. Feedback is welcomed.

Updates 12/11/09: Rev.B - Added Driveshaft Speed Calculation

Attachments

· Premium Member
73 Posts
Very nicely done! Clearly this required a considerable investment in time, not to mention considerable skill in the ways of Excel. It is also protected and locked down in such a way as to make it effectively idiot proof. I've worked in IT for over 20 years and I have to say, this is one of the coolest automotive tools I've ever seen done with a spreadsheet.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the props guys. The spreadsheet was a PITA, but only because I had to do two of them. The file size of my first attempt was too large to post and I had to learn a few new tricks to get this version "postable". I'm glad y'all find it useful.

· Registered
420 Posts
Great job!!

My only suggestion would be to make a forth line in the transmission options that would allow people to try out different transmissions by entering their own gear ratios. So say I wanted to see how one of the TKO transmissions would work, I could enter the gear ratios myself and give it a whirl.

But that is a masterpiece of excell excellence!

· Registered
214 Posts
Great work man. I'm a CPA and work with excel all the time and I'm impressed with your work.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My only suggestion would be to make a forth line in the transmission options that would allow people to try out different transmissions by entering their own gear ratios.
Great suggestion. I did a quick update at lunch but did not have a chance to fully check it out. Give it a try and let me know if you find any issues. Thanks.

Edit: Removed Rev.A update from this post and will keep latest revision in the original post.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Added Driveshaft Speed Calculation

A driveshaft speed calculation has been added to the three tables. I edited the original post and saved the Rev.B zip file there. Most people were downloading the file in that post rather than the revised file I attached in a later post. Future revisions will be updated/saved in the original post.

Below is a screen shot of one of the tabs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.