Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sucks being me I guess.
Bought this T56 off someone (no names mentioned) And of course it comes with everything just like it was installed in my car... Yea right. Oh well, Makes me laugh now how stupid I was to trust somebody who appeared to be a disgruntled height challenged individual. Oh well Karma has a way...LOl

Good part is it makes me do enough research to hopefully help someone else that may be going through this T56 install.

Chevrolet no longer makes the Clutch Slave cylinder adaptor.

It is however available at http://www.autogear.net/
Look under part number 13-86-172-002
ask for the Jobber price and it is 11.00 dollars
Thay have 21 left on the shelf......:D

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Autogear rocks. When I called them for mine the sales rep was bewildered as to why so many people were calling to buy those from him. I told him the word got out on the internet that they were the only ones who had them. He told me the manufacturer still makes them. Apparently GM just doesnt stock them in the dealer parts system.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
You got a "puller-fork type" slave don't you? I just bought a T56 with complete clutch & slave setup that I believe is the "pusher type" later style and I don't think I need this thing right?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
If its any LT1 T56 you'll need the slave spacer. The newer (LS1) applications used a hydraulic throw-out bearing instead of a slave cylinder.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got a "puller-fork type" slave don't you? I just bought a T56 with complete clutch & slave setup that I believe is the "pusher type" later style and I don't think I need this thing right?
No you need one of these...Got mine it's a perfect fit

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
need "one of these" what?

Is there a pic or link of something not showing?

BTW, I have a complete LS1 setup coming - includes the hyd. throwout bearing I believe - no fork used.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts