Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my pedal bracket that Josh and Cricket sent me a few years ago, I noticed this weekend while replacing a leaky master cylinder that the pin (on the pedal pivot arm) that goes into the master cylinder rod is not quite true with the the rod hole. In other words, it's enough out of 'true' that the plastic sleeve that comes on the master cylinder rod hole will likely (and the previous one did) wear out quickly. Also, for some reason, my retaining clip (GM part 3817880) is missing. It may not fit on anyway. Has anyone else noticed this issue? guessing I could take the pedal bracket to a good metal worker and he might be able to fix the issue? Maybe it's no biggy...?

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
short answer...no

maybe without the retaining clip the MC "wobbled" on the BBHP pin/assembly and thus started wearing...first the plastic insert 'bushing"...then the pin itself.

Mine has been in for 6 years now

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it would require careful bending of the end of the bracket onto which the clutch pedal pivots. I put some grease on the pin and hope that will delay the wear for a while. The pin hadn't worn - the thing isn't off by that much. But I am going to order the GM part 3817880, the retaining clip. Should keep it from moving around so much. You can tell this was this way from the get go. Josh made a dud on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts