Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
If you want it right and professional you better do it yourself because its an involved conversion.

It can be a cheap or expensive modification depending. But, That all depends. If you are good at sourcing parts instead of buying them at top dollar prices, even make your own parts, you can 6 speed these cars for less than what a 4l60E rebuild would cost.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Ghetto +100 I WAS just gonna post that's a good way to blow and extra $2,000 on the swap - and still not get a guarantee that it's right on the first try. cwm2

Long answer is there's so many fitmant variables, details and requirements for conscientious attention that I would NEVER saddle a shop with that type of one-off job. Not fair to them, and not fair to you. Now, you MIGHT stumble onto a specialty shop that's done 30 of them in the past year that has all the permutations down pat and appreciates the importance of critical measurements, but I wouldn't want the odds of finding that place on my first try.

Pay yourself the 1 beer per hr. to their $100/hr. shop rate, and spend the 40 hours net or so it's gonna take to get everything perfect. And start collecting all the teeny wiring, speedo, mount, Xmember parts and pieces you need BEFORE you dig in.

Good luck. I'm halfway into the swap on my boy's Monte. I will say the second one of these probably would likely take only 1/3 -1/2 the time that this first one is. cwm2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.