Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, are the back half of my T84 export headlights also glass, its painted glass maybe but mainly just checking that it is in fact glass on the motorside half?

·
Registered
346 Posts
*off topic* are you still parting the impala

·
Registered
885 Posts
Only the front capsule is glass. the whole housing where the bulbs goes is plastic.

Light where painted with chrome on the outside too i dont recall which side is it. the other one was shinny black outside.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks yea I was basically checking if I can still use my 6way strobes since I already reinstalled it into reverse and corners but didnt wanna even chance using a 1" holesaw bit on the backside of the T84 housing...

Also yes I am still parting out my other impala! and my apologies for not getting back to people and their PMs as well...just is a very OVERWHELMING task with just graduating college and part swapping to the new impala so I dont have parts laying all over my parents house...but I will be getting on top of that verrrry soon now that the majority of my parts are swapped over...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also anyone know if my passenger side headlight connector should still be in exsistance if the H4 headlight harness currently on my car is a 2relay kit that says Hella on each relay? I ask because I sent in my nice Innovative Wiring 4relay harness for repairs and H4 socket install...I can see my drivers side 9004 connector is still lying around but couldnt see passenger one but I doubt the Innovative kit can reach my drivers side and I havn't yet removed battery to get good look at this unfamilar H4 harness but obviously Im swapping it out so I can get some Scorcher bulbs in there!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Usually unless they removed old wiring for headlight, you can use either the left or right 9004 connector to feed the new harness

If the pass side connector is missing, you can extend the driver side one with almost any wires, since there's no big current used on them anymore, they only drives the harness relay coils.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Earl from Automod Atlanta (800-241-1832) can supply the Scorcher 100/130 watt bulbs you want and if you mention the forum, you will get a discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts