Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorta in a quandry. My ambivalence comes
from what I have seen other cars and my liking it so I would like to take a poll on
your opinions. I have a white '91 Caprice
Classic. I've always thought that the hood
mounted three gague set, just in front of the
windshield close enough for the diver to see looked cool. It would be strictly asthetic but you never really know when you might need your tachometer. Would it look stupid on what otherwise looks like a family car?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheavy:
If I were you, I'd look into the early '90s 9C1 cluster, the Buick RoadMaster Cluster from that same period, or a custom HeadsUp Display. You get the same added functionality, the "sleeperness" of the car is preserved, you don't draw any unwanted attention, and the extra gauges are safer inside the car.
Just my .05.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I appreciate your $.05 Though you took the time to respond makes it worth much more than that. I will take your reply under advisemnt. Again, Thank you!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
91-93 Police, 91-93 Roadmaster and 91-92 Olds Custom Cruiser clusters have the gauges you want, and all fit in the dash!

There are some wiring issues, but nothing really complicated, all of the colors are the same between, but connectors are different.

The big problem with this conversion seems to be locating the Police bezel. The Buick and Olds use a different bezel and dash pad. You COULD convert the whole thing for a new look though...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxx Facter:
I'm sorta in a quandry. My ambivalence comes
from what I have seen other cars and my liking it so I would like to take a poll on
your opinions. I have a white '91 Caprice
Classic. I've always thought that the hood
mounted three gague set, just in front of the
windshield close enough for the diver to see looked cool. It would be strictly asthetic but you never really know when you might need your tachometer. Would it look stupid on what otherwise looks like a family car?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts