Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing something here. I have my aftermarket tach installed in my 96 Caprice. I ran the lead for the tach signal pick up to the main PCM. As according to another post, I opened the RED harness and went to pin # 13. But, number 13 already has a white factory wire in this spot.
What gives? Any other ideas?
Regards,
Matt.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok mine has the wire also, I tappd into it and my tach reads funny numbers.
No were near what it should.

Also when I step on the gas the shift lights comes on and stays on till I let go??? Don't know if that's b/c its an auto :confused:
PLZZ HELP THANKS:)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ok mine has the wire also, I tappd into it and my tach reads funny numbers.
No were near what it should.

Also when I step on the gas the shift lights comes on and stays on till I let go??? Don't know if that's b/c its an auto :confused:
PLZZ HELP THANKS:)
Sounds like you have the wrong wire, possibly the shift light wire. may want to double check your hook up

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I ve hooked it to the wire from the pcm and mine works fine.....I thought the 4 cyl mode is only on Impala ss, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but I have a 95 caprice and it won't read any rpm and it's hooked up to the PCM which had worked for awhile but just quit

·
Registered
265 Posts
I meant the tach is wired to pin #13 on the red side witch it to the tach pin. I also turned it to the 4Clyd it still no change. :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Make sure you have good power not just to the dimmer but the red power wire to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.