Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my amp yesterday and when we tried to go and remove it from the car I tried to fold my tailgate down but the release has is just loose and no longer connected to anything also I tried to open it side ways but for some reason its jamming against the passenger tail light and wont open open

I'm tried to get my sub box out and put it in storage so i can shed a couple hundred pounds of weight until I do my new install

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sounds like its not up tight [or the latch/inner mechanism came off] so its binding when trying it the swing open. I'd try pushing it closed tight at the top center then try swinging it open again. Short of pulling the tailgate inner panel, its hard to tell.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
the little plastic clip that holds the "lift bar" sounds like it might be broke as well. but first be sure it is closed the other way.

Tim

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the left bar definitely not connected to anything I guess a broken clip and I believe I just plain have a mis alignment on the sideways opening its dark out so I going to have to have to try and get to it early tomorrow (if it doesnt rain again)

I'm anxious to get this box out so I can see how much performance I actually picked up this year

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Before you "adjust" anything get it hooked up correctly, and see if it works. There is a proceedure in the FSM for adjusting the gate. Without it you are asking for trouble if you adjust anything.

Depending on what is actually broken, you may have to canabalize a JY gate. Many of the parts are not available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts