Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up a 95 white/wood rmw with 44k miles, florida car from a 96 year old woman. i'm a very happy person right now. the car has no rust but the rubber conduit that runs between the gate and the body is rusting on the connection points - a metal flange on both sides behind the rubber seems to be flaking big time and looking very bubbly. does this mean rain water is flowing into or around the rubber hose? has anyone dealt with this? do you remove the flanges and try to replace/repair/seal?

on a side note I now own 3 b-bodys. my two low miler sedans 24k on a 94 caprice loaded and 54k on 96 rm sedan loaded. my wife is not happy with the driveway situation. in your opinion will these cars be going up in value or down if I keep these cars on ice some how. I hate to part with them but I had to buy the wagon because I have been harping for years to buy one. the 96 rm sedan is a rare black/burgandy bare top with all options including the road leveling, g80 but on ebay I see some bids at 2500 buicks - thats crazy low. the 94 caprice was my fathers and it also has all the options and its mint. is it worth holding on to these cars on a investment gains perspective? Thanks, Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to replace mine for a similar problem. The metal flanges are "molded" into the rubber, your not going to be able to replace it. Unless you have a parts wagon available, call Ruphrax and get one from him, that's what I did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.