Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Remove the tail light assemblies from the car.
Then the chrome strip has slightly bent tabs on the inside lip of lens.Flatten them out carefully,the chrome will simply lift right off.It's made from anodized aluminum,very soft so be careful.
Reverse to reassemble.Here's a couple pics of one I played with.In the pics you can see the trim and a couple of those retaining tabs.Pretty self explanatory.Good luck. Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Shoot I see you asked about the 91-92 tails.I haven't taken any of those apart,my reply above is for 93-96.Sorry about that. Jim

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Member "nashsurecanpaint" has tinted/painted these for other members. Check some of his threads or shoot him a PM to see if he can offer some advice.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Most of the strips will almost fall out if you tug on them a little. The clips are usually rusted, and falling apart.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Most of the strips will almost fall out if you tug on them a little. The clips are usually rusted, and falling apart.
exactly. mine did. now I need the motivation to fill the slot.

·
Registered
897 Posts
91-92 have metal clips that are U shaped, the chrome plastic cente trim just clicks onto them. A plastic spatula or nylon/plastic interior trim tool will get them right off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts