Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, wet sand down the area to be painted with 600grit paper until dull. Mask areas that are not to be painted

Wash clean with soap and water let dry Then clean with a paint prep. Dont touch lenses after this step

Shake spray can or mix paint. I made a verry weak black by adding extra balancer.

Light coats is key, this is after 2 coats of my custom black

This is 4 coats, waiting 5 minuets between coats.

After 8 coats of black I've reached the darkness I was aiming for. Now for clear coat.

Spray clear as directed by can. I use 3 coats.

Notice the orange peal on the fresh clear. Let set 12-16 hours to dry

Wet sand with 2000 grit sand paper softly untill dull

Once the shine is sanded out heres what I use to buff.

After you follow proper buffing technique this is what you should have.

Put the chrome back on and install on car

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
nice bro, i'm fed up with rattle can painting!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
wat !

hey weren't you saying you would tint them free if the someone pays for them to get delivered ?
if so and you will still do that ill take you up on that offer on some 91s ?
let me no!

BTW nice job!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very cool. So much cleaner than the smoked covers that snap over the taillights.

A guy I work with did the ones on his '06 Chevy pickup and they look damn good. I was going to make him do some for whatever car I get because unless its "super flat" black or OD green, I can't paint to save my life.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey weren't you saying you would tint them free if the someone pays for them to get delivered ?
let me no!

BTW nice job!!!!!
Yea I did say that and the above is the result of my offer. yungdeezy510 was the brave sole to give me a chance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
These look awesome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone im a noob around here but not to auto forums. anyhow i just want to leave a review so far of what i think of Nashsurecanpaint. He is truly a stand up guy willing to go the extra mile to help a board members as well as his customers. Totally professional the entire time ive dealt with him. I know he's an honest working guy just like all of us who just loves cars and i think if anyone on the board needs help with a project that Nash would be more than willing to provide information too all. I havent received my tail lights yet but i cant wait to get them yall see the pics they're clean as hell. Even his turn around time was fast im out in Cali and he's across the country and its been maybe about a week total at most and i'll have my lights back :D Its not easy to get yourself established right away but trust him he's worth it. when i get them delivered will come back to give you guys a final word on my tails.....just days away i cant wait!

Last thing i havent started a personal thread here yet but i plan to very soon. anyhow, i drive a gbody and im doing an LT1 swap. you all can check me out on cardomain for now untill i get things rolling here. the link is in my sig

let me no!

BTW nice job!!!!!
96 although you missed the free deal send Nash a pm on business im sure he can take care of you for the right price.

Very cool. So much cleaner than the smoked covers that snap over the taillights.

A guy I work with did the ones on his '06 Chevy pickup and they look damn good. I was going to make him do some for whatever car I get because unless its "super flat" black or OD green, I can't paint to save my life.
lol but you dont need to paint. lets work together and use the services the board has to offer such as Nash. You might as well because its a win win situation. you receive top notch work and gets his name out for more board members to see his incredible work

·
Registered
262 Posts
If i had the body/paint expertise, and quality spray gun and compressor and a good place to do it, i'd love to do that myself to my lenses lol.

Nice work! Those look awesome.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
nice bro, i'm fed up with rattle can painting!

I did the exact same steps with VHT Nightshade, turns out great its all in prep.

For guys without spray guns you can follow his steps and use a can.

Good Job BTW they look awesome.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For guys without spray guns you can follow his steps and use a can.
Absolutly, with nearly the same results.......well mabey not nearly but still pretty darn good.

Thanks for the feedback guys, its greatly apreciated

·
Registered
49 Posts
DAMN DAMN DAMN these tail lights came out so clean they look better than they did the day they left the GM factory brand new back in 83. he did an amazing job on these. hands down i now have the best tinted tails ive ever seen period and i go to some big car show throughout the year. In no way am im talking down on another person's work on the board but i could have gone locally with a board member bondovw but i didnt, i went with Nash and happy as hell. if you guys want superior work done then look no further Nash can do it. **** if he was local i would have him spray my car but since he's not im send every small part that needs paint to him. check out the link in my sig to view my ride, thanks. my purpose in leaving this review is for you all to know that theres another quality painter on the board who can help with your projects so drop them pm's when your ready

1 - 20 of 38 Posts