Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted the chrome frame around the tailights (mainly on caprices and 9c1s). If so what did you use. Can I just use a black spray can and some kind of clear protective coat? What kinds are good quality ones keep the paint from chipping and the chrome showing up?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted this in my otha thread but no reply let me ask, do you know if the 02 and so forth impala stocks fit our cars? But they look like the same rim! And is there quarter panle emblems the same 2?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I posted this in my otha thread but no reply let me ask, do you know if the 02 and so forth impala stocks fit our cars? But they look like the same rim! And is there quarter panle emblems the same 2?

02 impalas are FWD and 16" so thats a no go (94-96 are 17 inch)

Emblems are the same.... to the naked eye, The 94-96 impala emblems have slightly longer legs. A true B-Body fan can tell, the average cant tell the diff

·
Registered
7,095 Posts

Emblems are the same.... to the naked eye, The 94-96 impala emblems have slightly longer legs. A true B-Body fan can tell, the average cant tell the diff

what he said^^^ put the caps are interchangeable, i have the bowtie caps on my ss stock wheels, NO DEERS!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Does FWD make a diff as far as the rims fitting? Amd are all the stock rims on those imps 16?! Man I'm tryin 2 find all aspects to get them cheaper but it doesn't seem possible. Lol. And dam I am truly a B-Body fan so I thought but u guys seem to amaze me and prove me wrong everytime. The legs! Lol. The slightest details, that's crazy. I don't care about the legs though as long as the emblem itself isn't different in size or atleast by much and doesn't make my ride look funny.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks Blue, now I know what im lookin for

9c1SS, The weels are made for a Front Wheel Drive vehicle. Meaning the offsets are different, not to mention IIRC we dont share the same bolt pattern.

I used to think I new A LOT about B-Bodies, but after joining the forum I learned A LOT and I know there's still A LOT more!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Does FWD make a diff as far as the rims fitting? Amd are all the stock rims on those imps 16?! Man I'm tryin 2 find all aspects to get them cheaper but it doesn't seem possible. Lol. And dam I am truly a B-Body fan so I thought but u guys seem to amaze me and prove me wrong everytime. The legs! Lol. The slightest details, that's crazy. I don't care about the legs though as long as the emblem itself isn't different in size or atleast by much and doesn't make my ride look funny.
im still learning as well, the wheels that come off the monte carlo and the wimpalas(late model imps) came in 16" rims

94-96 came in 17s

94-96

late model

man i think i would really need to hold one up to each other lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im still learning as well, the wheels that come off the monte carlo and the wimpalas(late model imps) came in 16" rims

94-96 came in 17s

94-96

late model

man i think i would really need to hold one up to each other lol
Thanx for this comparison pix! And yes I have been truly loving imps for 7 years strong now and just when you think you know all there is to know you find out something new, or some new mod you can do! I love it, and that's why most us men prob do! Oh and on that comparison pix I see what 96capricess was saying about the legs (thanx again!) but maybe its just the pic but the 94-96 emblems itself look way bigger than the wimpala emblems but like I said it jus may be the pic zoomed in more right?! I hope so because I'm so gonna snatch them off a car in the junkyard and get them for free.99 hehehe:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Has anyone painted the chrome frame around the tailights (mainly on caprices and 9c1s). If so what did you use. Can I just use a black spray can and some kind of clear protective coat? What kinds are good quality ones keep the paint from chipping and the chrome showing up?
Go to your local Paint store or even auto parts store... pep boys is good.

look in the paint isle for exterior auto paint. Then go get some painters tape.

Mine came out great on a caprice i did. I just used the exterior black touch up paint. i taped up my tail lights with painters tape

i also sanded the chrome down. was very hard to do because you dont want to sand the lends by mistake

·
Registered
218 Posts
If any one wants a set of short leg emblems I have one. I actually have 2 pass and one driver side. I bought them from Australia, being told they were long legged but the person "mis-understood" me. Its more of a pain trying to return them. So let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.