Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '93 9c1 caprice has a dual exhaust setup on it, idk if it is a problem or not but if i have it running for bout 10 min., gas starts dripping out of tha left tailpipe, any suggestions on how to fix this problem???? thanx

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
many free flowing exhausts drip condensation after
startup and some stock exhausts do to.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3rd for condensation.

But just to be sure either dip your finger in the liquid or a napkin and smell it. It's it smells like gas, it's gas but if it smells like nothing it's problably water(not the drinkable kind though).

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock mufflers also piss out water from the rear drip holes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idk cuz when it starts dripping tha exhaust has a rotten egg smell.....wats up with that???

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is more tied to the cats then gas leak..
bad cats can make the car and fumes smell like a box of rotten eggs.

try parking on an incline and get pan to catch the fluid after startup. it may take a few minutes.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by mrmarkus:
wouldn't gas in a HOT exhaust pipe be DEADLY?!? :eek:
The gases released from any combustion engine's exhaust is deadly, whether the exhaust is hot or not. Carbon monoxide is the main gas released, and it is looking to bond with another oxygen to become carbon dioxide. When you breathe in carbon monoxide it starts to steal oxygen from your blood, and eventually you suffocate.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he meant gasoline, as in unburned fuel. If you have actual fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe, there's a major problem (at least one cylinder not firing at all, or several/all of them barely firing). It should be noticeable that it doesn't run worth a $#!+ if it is raw gasoline coming out of the exhaust.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got to ride the bandwagon on this but I say its condensation

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to be different today and say its a hole in the gas tank

But in all reality its the condensation....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts