Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
I just carefully pulled them apart with a screw driver, I know that isn't the greatest write up, but just be careful and as gentle as can be and you shouldn't have any troubles. I don't think that there is going to be any really easy way to do it.

Maybe heat, not sure

Mike

·
Registered
863 Posts
I started out with spare lenses and then got a butter knife, Hairdryer (my wifes), And you might need a bandaid :mad:

Heat up the black silicone glue thats allready on the lense and carefully undo the tabs that the lense is holding onto the bucket with..

tools for the job

cwm3bandaid time

clean bucket of all that old black glue stuff..

Now because I was going with a clear lense I used a chrome tape to set it off a lil better..And when I sealed it back up I used a clear silicone ...

also went with an LED Autozone bulb :(

final product..

Me checkin my lights making sure they worked A ok..:D

good luck homie..

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
I used the oven to heat them up, set at a very low temperature and left them in there about 10 minutes. They came apart pretty easily after that using the usual two screw drivers method.

Edit: I set the oven to something like 150 to 170, just enough to make the adhesive pliable.

·
Registered
228 Posts
what worked for me, put the whole assembly under hot running water in the sink......red face down, and gradually removed and peel out the black silicone.........., then put it under again to get it soft, keep doing it until the glue is removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.