Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.guys I'm in the process of repainting my interior and I wanna paint my upper dash does.anyone have a write up on it my lower dash is off all I have is the glove box attached any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
No real write up per say,

- pull the "A" pillar covers they are the ones on the windshield beams
- in theory you don't have to pull the glove box but it is easy, like 4-7mm screws on the bottom, and it is out of the way.
- pull the passenger cover piece just above the glove box that has the vent in it.
- pull the head light switch out
- pull the defroster vent cover out, if you have twilight lights disconnect the twilight sensor on the vent assembly, 1/4 turn and it will come off.
- there are about 8- 7mm screws that hold it in all along the front edge of it, you will see them there is alignment plastic pins as well.
- pull all those screws out and pull towards you and wiggle, should pop right out.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No real write up per say,

- pull the "A" pillar covers they are the ones on the windshield beams
- in theory you don't have to pull the glove box but it is easy, like 4-7mm screws on the bottom, and it is out of the way.
- pull the passenger cover piece just above the glove box that has the vent in it.
- pull the head light switch out
- pull the defroster vent cover out, if you have twilight lights disconnect the twilight sensor on the vent assembly, 1/4 turn and it will come off.
- there are about 8- 7mm screws that hold it in all along the front edge of it, you will see them there is alignment plastic pins as well.
- pull all those screws out and pull towards you and wiggle, should pop right out.
i never had to do all that.

plus be careful when pulling on the dash if you dont disconnect the battery as you dont want to engage that passenger air bag

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
You only really need to remove the defroster vent is you have twillight lights, if you don't you will rip the wiring out or break the connector of the defroster vent, plus it make a good handle :)

True on the headlight switch, but it move it out of the way.

Good call on the battery disconnection, I never have disconnected the battery, but you never know. :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
thing to remember is this a 91-93 or a 94-96 also theres no need to disconect the batt because the airbag isn't actualy in the dash but it never hurts.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I just had mine out and I was able to remove it without taking out the a pillars. Just remove the bolts on the front bottom of the upper dash, then pull straight back (towards rear of car) on upper dash. Once you have it pulled back a few inches you can lift it up and out of car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys finally pulled the dash off I wanna thank everyone who wrote a comment especially 94mi9c1 I followed your instructions and it was a breeze thanks to u all. 95 9c1..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts