Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealer (Cars not drugs) just put a 1995 triple black Corvette ragtop on his lot today. Since I got Dmitry's engine I seem to have the one that was in my Impala as a spare. It made 405 RWHP. Well, since I have an engine, the Vette has high miles (120,000) and the leather seats have the typical leather stress cracks he only wants $6995 for it. The paint looks great, the rear tires are 295/30/18 Firehawks, the front tires match but I didn't want to lay in the snow and check the size. and it has nice 5 spoke chrome rims.

I know this sound s like a pretty good deal to me but does anyone have any first hand experience with these cars. He's holding the car until Monday for me and I'm trying to go into information overload. Play the devil's advocate, tell me the bad and the good. I've been looking at ZR-1's and this looks like I could save about 20K. Of course I wouldn't get the cool overhead cams but my old engine will have to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
if a "dealer" is selling it for that you gotta wonder how much he's really in it. which should tell you a lot about the hidden truth that the dealer knows about the car.

remember he's turning a profit at that price and it's still low for that car (unless you were being very generous with your description of the condition).

I'd stay away.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(unless you were being very generous with your description of the condition).
No, I'm pretty much on the condition. The paint does look fairly new and it could use carpet and mats and the pad that sits on the console. I'll carfax Monday morning. I'm hoping the paint was because of clearcoat peeling. The engine sounds fine and appears to be bone stock. I'm not sure of the tranny but we always have Shane. Another roadtrip to Greensboro for the install if it needs it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts