Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
"For the price compared to what I too had bought some long reach pliers year ago it's hard to beat for most people. I'm lucky. My HF store is only two miles away. If I was still using tools daily at work I might not use as many as I now have. It states they are professional. I take that as what I am now. Professional DIYer. None of my Mac, Snap-On, Matco or Craftsman tools are traumatized because of being in proximity to the HF. I feel no stigma owning them either. I did buy something I will have to report back on once I get a chance to use it. I got a coupon several weeks ago for a Titanium spool gun. So I got one. I haven't welded aluminum since 1978 and that was with gas. I'm looking forward to using it. I'll be sure to let you know how it works out.
On a side note. Gas here yesterday. $1.75 E-10

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
A vendor recently stopped by my job peddling his wares and I was able to pick up a Koul Tool push-lok install tool. I had work pay for it under the guise of a needed tool for truck repair.

Also I have the ability to make hydraulic hose. I'm not sure which direction I will go when doing my trans lines.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,276 Posts
The Autel AL539B is my new favorite tool. Generic OBD2 scanner, live data monitor, voltmeter, ohmmeter, battery/charging system analyzer, all within a sturdy case small enough to keep in my car. $100 is money well spent.
Autel AL539B

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Autel AL539B is my new favorite tool. Generic OBD2 scanner, live data monitor, voltmeter, ohmmeter, battery/charging system analyzer, all within a sturdy case small enough to keep in my car. $100 is money well spent.
Autel AL539B
I looked at the link. That does look like a good buy. Autel is a good brand and that one has a lot more features than my HF or Actron obd scanners at a lower price. I'm definitely interested in it. Can you use this as a standalone multimeter, without connecting to the OBD port or the vehicle battery? One of its OBD functions is Evap System, does it provide any bi-directional comms to troubleshoot this system? Is the internal battery charged via the USB connection? Does the OBD cable and the battery test cable connect to the same connector on the meter?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts