Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 caprice lt1,tank leaking from the top i was told that fuel senders are notorious for rusting and leaking,my question is i want to buy a new sender from advance autoparts,they have new senders in stock need input.

·
Registered
346 Posts
mine leaked, I thought I was the tank itself, so I bought a new tank, pump and sender, turns out all I needed was the sender to fix the leak. I have no idea what I did with the new tank but the sender is what I replaced, before you buy the sender I would drop tank and inspect it first. hey don't drive het until you fix that leak or ut could be trouble as you know.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine leaked, I thought I was the tank itself, so I bought a new tank, pump and sender, turns out all I needed was the sender to fix the leak. I have no idea what I did with the new tank but the sender is what I replaced, before you buy the sender I would drop tank and inspect it first. hey don't drive het until you fix that leak or ut could be trouble as you know.

i know,thats why i wanted to know if them senders are ok cause thats my daily and i cant afford to leave it parked i work 2 jobs and the evening job i get out late and there is no public transportation

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else has input on the sending units i know not to get a generic fuel pump but need to know if sending unit will be fine to use generic.thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts