Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, it's that time of year again to blow your overpaid government money on what else, car parts!

Well, I have just what you are looking for, a COMPLETE LE2 package. Why do you yell complete Timmay, you say? Well, because that's what I'm trying to do, unload a complete, ready to bolt on package. Things you will need? Well, gaskets of course, and the rockers of your choice. Hell, I'll even throw in a stock 48mm TB if you would like! I'm a little overweight from this winter and feeling a little jolly!

Some common questions I am apt to incur....

What cam is that? [highlight]That is LE's 232/240 .578/.574 110 LSA.[/highlight]

How many miles on the setup? [highlight] Cam, about 650, heads, about 300 [/highlight]

What valves and springs are on them?[highlight] Manley 11500/11501 valves, Lunati 73925 K5 dbl spring kit[/highlight]

Why are you selling Timmay? [highlight] Well, I spun some bearings running AutoX at least year's Nats. We're going a different build route to be different from the rest of the pack.[/highlight]

You say complete, but what exactly do you mean? [highlight]Well, I mean LE2 ported heads. LE ground Comp cam. LE ported to match LT1 intake. Here's where it gets good though. Red top SVO 32lb injectors. ARP head bolts. 48mm stock TB. Accel shorty plugs needed to run these heads. Head bolts are usually one time use, but with 300 miles on ARP, I'd run them again...[/highlight]

So I'm sure you're probably saying "well, this all sounds great, so how much?" Ok, since you asked nicely... I don't make enough money to give the stuff away, so I won't be. What I will be doing is giving you a low mileage, complete package, for a good deal, with no wait time, and no heads to provide. So selling price...

[highlight]$2000[/highlight]

But wait, why pay two grand when you can get a H/C package brand new, straight from Lloyd for $1600? Well, because that is only for the heads and cam, barring you provide the heads. If you do not, you pay a $250 core charge. You're now at $1850. You haven't provided your intake to be ported, which is another $200. You're now at $2050. You have to pay for shipping to and fro, add another $150, hello $2200. I'm providing $150 red top injectors, $2350. ARP head bolts cost me about $110, but lets say 100 for math's sake, $2450. Another $80 in spark plugs, but lets say 50 to make it an even $2500. And lets not forget a little time and effort to do all these things like send your products out, and order bolts and gaskets. Also the lead time you have to wait for Lloyd, which I waited about a month.

So in summary, this isn't the deal of the century, but it's a deal none the less, from a reputable forum member. You aren't dealing with someone nobody knows anything about. If you would like, we can send the heads to someone mutual to be checked, my cost at first, yours after inspected to be cleared for use.

Some pictures to follow....

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture set #2. They appear to be coming in sideways for some reason. Email me if you would like them in email.

impalasspeed96 at gmail

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some tire kicking but there are no tires for sale here. There is an engine build to fund here people, but it will get done one way or another. You might as well be able to well, try to keep up;)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
pm sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts