Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno what the hell to call it but did the home depot intake and am just ready to fabricate my own RAISS style set up..i have the template i found through searching for the box..but i cant find the throttle body boot/reducer whatever you wanna call it anywhere..and the only place id seen it before was on focuztech and they seem to be MIA..any ideas or is this something as simple as tightening down a 4" to the oval tight to a 3" to the maf

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
dunno what the hell to call it but did the home depot intake and am just ready to fabricate my own RAISS style set up..i have the template i found through searching for the box..but i cant find the throttle body boot/reducer whatever you wanna call it anywhere..and the only place id seen it before was on focuztech and they seem to be MIA..any ideas or is this something as simple as tightening down a 4" to the oval tight to a 3" to the maf

Try these guys...http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...d=535&osCsid=144c761fc27dfe9b9faaa9e19a1ef773

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
He's probably just yanking your chain. I haven't personally tried these, but I know other members on here have. It's just a suggestion, like anything else. Try it out and let us know if worked out for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone have any clue what size the sensor is i need to make a for on the reducer, for some reason im thinkin i read 1/8"" somewhere but dont wanna ruin this boot

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just bought a bunch off hoses and clamps from them, I had no problem.
+1. Bought boot and clamps also. No problems with them at all. Great transaction.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any of you have any good pics of your intake set ups?

im super tight on cash so kinda accumulating pieces with each check..every little idea helps so if you wouldn't mind posting some pics that'd be great

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What about a reducer from Home Depot. I've seen people do that before. I even bought one myself but haven't installed it yet. I guess it probably doesn't have as many layers as this, but with clamps it was like 6 or 8 bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts