Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what are some of the drag strip times some of you fellow TBI Caprice owneers have gotten out of your cars, and what mods have you done?

Dave

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've gone a 7.88 @ 89mph in the 1/8 mile so far. I have stepped it up a bit since then and am settin my sights on a Quarter pass soon.

DW

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DW, good to see you here. I recall the sensation you caused when you got on the GM_TBI mailing list. :cool: What does your 1/8 mile time factor into as a 1/4 mile time?

Dave

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, nice mods list. How does the car idle with that cam, and how is driveability? Do you have a custom chip? Looks like you *might* be starved for fuel with those mods and cam.

Dave

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave,

Car idles and sounds great. Agreed engine should be fuel starved. I recently installed the triple gauge pod with vac, a-f ratio and fuel pressure with the intent of installing and fine tuning a vac afpr. So far I have not seen any leaning out at WOT on the afr gauge. I'll probably go ahead and install anyway and let seat of pants be the judge.

Chip in mod list.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, Paul. Do you have a custom chip for all the mods you have done, or is it an off the shelf chip? Also, how do you like it?

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts