Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of ice lately that has been excersizing the TC. I noticed the lights did not go out after startup this morning, so I re-started and they went off but only for a moment and have stayed on consistantly all day.

I'll pull codes tomorrow, but if it's another cable that will make the 5th one (well of course counting the 2 the rear discs took).

Just whining here. :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rr sensor continuity.
Code kept resetting with just the key on.
Figuring a genuine break somewhere, not just pin/reluctor grime.
Called Dal.
Price up 40% in the last 2 years.
Sensor/pigtail is absolute easiest thing to throw money at and replace.
Delivery next week.
Report back later.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same code pop up here and there. I replaced the sensor and had no more issues. It turned out to be the clip that held the harness to the control arm broke and the wire was rubbing against my tire...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10-4. The powdercoat is chuncking off my Hotchkis arms and gave me the impression it was maybe STARTING to think about fraying the insulation on the pigtail. When the new one shows I'll bang the rotor off to check grime at the tip anyway.

At least I was smart and bedded the whole magnet end in silicone so it will remove easily.

A smart guy might order all 4 sensors from Dal just for backup. No telling what those dam things will cost in a couple years.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96 lac good point i went thru 5 of these already in my car in 2 1/2 years two of them was by a mechanic doing my gears

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received UPS ship notice.
This is getting exciting.

And, bigbusa,
After long enough there's just no way to get them out alive anymore. Then it's just hammertime with a creditcard chaser.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
96 black you are so right i was only able to save one that i removed from a junk car the rest were garbage by time i got em out

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-Arrived last evening. Stop
-Rebedded in silicone and installed in an hour this morning. Stop
-GD MF POS code still sets. Stop
-Resign to get out meter and begin checks in FSM. Stop
-New sensor = good, connector back to body grommit = good, resistance from there to module connector = fine. Stop
-Pheucen code still sets. Pherk
-Redo every one of tests again in random order for 2 more hours only add di-electric grease to everything I touch. Stop
-Still with the code. Stop
-Follow last instruction to reconnect everything, and wait for wife to come home so she can help while I jiggle everything (that's with the wiring you a-holes
) to check for intermittants. Stalled
-Turn key to on for no reason and TC/ABS lights go out. Stop the pheukin train!! :eek: Run diagnostic and I see 33 turn to 00 right before my eyes.

I can only figure it was a corroded connector that I eventually worried into finally working. Of course, it might be a frayed wire I temporarily helped - only to fail again later on. I don't know if I'm more pissed or relieved. :mad:

At least I learned alot more about the ABS/TC wiring and I got a backup sensor before they cost $100 in a year.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-Was there any crud in the reluctor ring? Stop...

-I think your right about the bad connection. Stop

-I hope you really resolved it. Stop..

-And no wiggling from the wife needed... LMAO! Stop...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since we are on this subject and this is the only car here with a 4 channel ABS ;)

I have the same problem on my 94 FW except it's the RR solenoid. Anyone repaired this part before?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right rear solenoid? what code is it I'll go pull out the 95 FSM.. I'm thinking a solenoid might be in the hydraulic unit itself...

P.S.
At work when we get benz's in that have been sitting for a while, they usualy tend to come in with abs, bas, and esp lights on. Its usually caused by a sticking solenoid in the hydraulic unit. We then turn around and sell a new unit. On the outside (sidework not at the dealer) we knock the crap outa them to free up the hangin valve then we go beat on the car and jam on the brakes to excersise the hydraulic unit a bit. It tends to work...

[ 12-21-2006, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: FASSTWOOD ]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well with the RM CC it shows:
04-158 ..04-58..EBTCM Internal Adjuster Assembly Malfunction

04-151 ..04-51..Right Rear Inlet Valve Solenoid malfunction

04-64 ..04-64..Throttle position signal malfunction
:confused:

Do I need to install my caddy CC back in or are these correct codes (even though they have a 1 in front of them)?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one means tht its a stored code. the ones without the one mean thats they are currnet codes... Clear them all and see what happens. Byron (2 big woods) is parting out a 94 maybe you could snatch the abs pump from him...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by FASSTWOOD:
-Was there any crud in the reluctor ring? Stop...

Just caught this. Yep, oily fuzz all over the ring AND covering the magnet. Remember, all the stuff in back is new from the disc job only 2 years ago. I'm feeling what I saw was not even near enough to hamper function though, considering the grime you'd likely expect to find on a regularly neglected 12 year old rig. A few quick blasts from the compressor and all clean again.

So KLEZ, any progress in a week?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts