• Stainless Steel Shim Kit
(Incl. 6ea 010/.015/.030 shims for perfect caliper placement) $15
• Gas grooved/Slotted rotors $55
• Pad wear spacers for longer pad life and piston trueness $25
• Zinc plating for rotors $65
• Drilled rotors $125
• Custom powder-coated finishes $70-$120
• Substitute 5/8" ball joint spindles- special run fee $75

Options you recommend? What pads run the best in the rain?

thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The upgrade to BSL6 for the $595 is for existing customers. The same can be had for the $225 upon new order. The shims come for free with the new order. You've got some of this a bit mixed up, please go back and read the list a bit more, some is referencing existing kits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got some of this a bit mixed up, please go back and read the list a bit more, some is referencing existing kits.

All i did was copy and paste from the tce site. I am still looking for costumers to recommend upgrades they should or did do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the basic kit and the only option I got with it was the pad spacers for when my pads wear down. I've been very happy with it but since then, I kind of wish I got the zinc plating for the rotors because I don't like the look of the rust on the part that's not swept. That would be purely for appearances, though. I don't think the six piston caliper was an option when I got mine. I can't speak to how it would differ, but I can tell you that I love the kit I got.

Talk with Todd directly about what pads to use. The Wilwood tan pads are not good in the rain, but he has some other compounds that may work better. I'm using Hawk pads, which Todd doesn't sell, and I've found they were a vast improvement over the tan pad. There are two types of Hawk pads, HPS and HP Plus. One is much more aggressive than the other (unfortunately, I forget which, but if you do a search you'll come up with it). I'm using the less aggressive ones since they dust less and I was told that the aggressive ones would squeal. Even the less aggressive Hawk pads dust a lot more than the Wilwood tan pads, though. HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
96SSIMP : I'd still STRONGLY STRONGLY urge you to get out to a ROD meeting and see my car in person. It'll answer a lot (if not all) of your TCE brake questions.

Erik : the HPS are the "milder" of those 2 pads. I'm running the HP+ up front....work great, dust like a mofo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ed. That makes twice you've told me that now.
I can't keep the two pads straight in my head (but I kept the box at home for when I need to order again).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are the prices for the pads for the TCE kits in comparison to prices for pads for the stock brakes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About $70.00 for the set for Hawk HPS, if I recall correctly. The Wilwood tans came with the kit at no extra cost and I don't know if Todd charges extra for a different pad compound if you order it initially.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scroll down to the bottom of the brake page, then to FAQ and you will have the answer to the pad cost question.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the TCE big brakes are concerned, it is not a question of if, but of when.

Question: Providing the person has strong nerves to handle the tan pads in the rain, which pads (in dry weather) offer better braking, the TCE tan pads, or the Hawk HPS?

Thanks, Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.