Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy the Temp/volt gauges since my Temp gauge went out on the 95 ss, i dont wanna buy a complete cluster. Anybody have This to spare? Hard to find out here in sweden .

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Could be a tough find unless someone has a cluster they are parting. I did see someone on eBay months ago selling individual parts from a cluster which is very unusual. I just checked and didn't see anything except complete clusters. You could try and contact 1 of those cluster rebuilders and see if they have anything they could sell from an old cluster.

As far as your current gauges go, are you 100% certain the gauges are bad? They don't usually go bad and you could most likely connect 12v, ground and the sensor wire directly and see what they do. Refer to a schematic to see how to connect each gauge.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
If you find the motor to be defective, I have some gauge motors. The motors are pretty much the same for all models of the cars.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Temp gauge failures are many times due to failure of sender wire,and not the gauge itself.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
The sender can also be defective, and is more likely than the gauge itself.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys but trust me IT is the gauge, took the Temp gauge from My 95 caprice and installed IT on My 95 ss and IT jumped to life and started working . So Yeah im looking for some spare parts !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts