Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us from HAIL are going to hook with HOSS and ride up together to Tulsa. We are planning to leave the morning of 16 July. For anyone interested we are going to meet at:

Cafe Mexico
807 South Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080

The HOSS folks are going to be there about 10:30 AM and we expect to leave around 11 'ish. If you want join the ride up to Tulsa just let us know. If this is too early for some of you a later departure time maybe doable but give us a shout.

Thanks,

Jose

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I won't be leaving until Thursday, probably around noon. I hope to get in Tulsa before 6pm, get checked in, and get the car cleaned up. Wish I could go with the group, but I have to work Wednesday :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I return to Austin airport at 10:00pm Weds night from a business trip.
I plan to get to Tulsa as fast as I can, this may mean I'll leave at midnight- or maybe I'll sleep and leave really early on Thursday.
It's 4 hours to get to Richardson from my place. (Far South Austin)
How long does it take to get to Tulsa from Richardson?
I'll have a family radio (channel?) and a cell phone. Any one want to tag along let me know.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with ya Jose.

I just purchased a helmet today for the auto-X and road course events. I won't know how to act since I've been borrowing helmets at previous events.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cafe Mexico is easy to find.

Take the Spring Valley exit off of I-45 (I-75) on the north side of town (an exit or two past LBJ...I-635), and it's on the service road just north of Spring Valley.

If that exit's blocked by construction, go on up to the next one, make a u-turn back to Spring Valley, then go back north on the service road.

Can't miss it.

BTW, anyone bringing FRS radios?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there at Cafe Mexico with FRS radio in hand!

Dan

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a FRS radio. Its one of the those Motorola 14 channel radios. I believe that Jose has a radio as well. Not sure what kind though. Has a channel been decided upon for the road trip?

Charles

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be at work on Wednesday too but you'll drive by since I work at the TI Sherman plant. I'll probably be at lunch then so maybe I'll get in my car and sit on the highway with my PB&J sandwich waiting for the thunder to roll through. :D You guys should try to scare as many ricers and moosedungs as you can through here 'cause we have them thick. :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just in case anybody in the group needs a Texas contact before they get to Cafe Mexico, I can be reached on my cel phone at 214-403-0220.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could've gone.

So many things popping up right now . . . 2 chiropractor bill (hers/his), possible cancer scare
, engagment ring fund empty.

BAH . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts