Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Tom for the shifter and bits
Thanks Rich for the floor plate
Thanks Rob for the seat covers coming.
Thanks GM for still having a brand new console to sell me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that all gonna make it go faster - and are you gonna have some new drag movies - inquiring minds want to know! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 92RoadMonsterWagon:
Is that all gonna make it go faster - and are you gonna have some new drag movies - inquiring minds want to know! :D
Well it might as there is a line lock hooked to it!

New video? If I took one yesterday it would have been of me driving for a couple of hours, sitting at the gate for an hour only to be told it was called for rain and then driving home for a couple more hours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 95wagon:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 92RoadMonsterWagon:
Well it might as there is a line lock hooked to it!

New video? If I took one yesterday it would have been of me driving for a couple of hours, sitting at the gate for an hour only to be told it was called for rain and then driving home for a couple more hours.
</font>[/QUOTE]I wanted to see some new #'s posted Gerry. BTW that console looks nice, but your seat is illegal now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you put a 96 steering colum in also? The nub from the colum shifter is gone.. I think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1986 Monte Carlo shift bowl.
I did have to mill the park position slot to match the Caprice as the the lock pin on the Caprice is wider and the Monte pin is shorter so I could not use it.
I wanted to keep all the stock lock outs like the hatch release and such. The Impala floor switch would lose this function.
I did use the shift lock out the floor though .
Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the driver seat from? Is it a passenger seat from another car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Essentially yes.
You could just take a right seat and put the left recliner in it and you would be done.

Rob Heffernan in Long Island was good enough to part with his right seat for an extremely reasonable price.
Because I live in Canada the shipping of a complete seat would have killed the deal so he sent just the upholstery.
I put it on a passenger seat frame I had.
It worked out really nice and although Rob’s car has more miles than mine his passenger seat must have been empty for most of them because it is in as new condition and the foam is firmer than my drivers seat.

BTW KC, did you get the brace on?
Gerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.