Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

That time again....where is the new mag?!?!

5K views 169 replies 0 participants last post by  BigKahuna13 
G
#1 ·
Last one was July/August. Is the problem getting out of hand again? And why does this have to keep coming up?

Mav

G
#4 ·
Sorry... I just noticed this post... just got back from SSHS5.

I'm the one to blame for the late mags. I have everything I need and just haven't had time to put it all together. I've gotten myself spread way to thin. I should finish it up this week/weekend and get it off to Harvey for printing.

I'm planning to hand this task over to someone soon... hopefully that will take care of the "late issues issue". I have just promised too many things to too many people.

G
#11 ·
how bout some intersting how-tos. or maybe up to date ones. waxing help, stealth bolt mod. suspension how to. i know theres something. not bragging but i think i have the best and thorough how to for the odometer fix. i knwo some of this stuff is old to some but there are still newbies out there getting an impala or caprice. but something very new would be interesting....

G
#12 ·
Everyone wants a magazine, but no one wants to help work on it or contribute to it!

ISSCA needs your help guys!
Sorry, when requests were made for article material, I submitted my car for a feature (along with becoming an award winner at a national show for the 3rd straight year)

No one replied...to the email offer on Issca's end...

I figured everyone was busy with upcoming meets etc ... yada yada...

and didn't push it..

G
#13 ·
Originally posted by BIG KAHUNA ****e:
Everyone wants a magazine, but no one wants to help work on it or contribute to it!

ISSCA needs your help guys!
I understand what your saying Bill, but don't you think that those currently involved in the BOD and the magazine can't fill up 15 pages in six months? Hell, half of them are adds! We have been through this a ton in the past. "ISSCA needs your help", yet won't ask for it until half a year down the road. Hopefully things will change in the future.

Mav

G
#17 ·
Dave,

The easiest place to get requirements for the Impala SScene articles is http://www.goissca.org/art_req.htm . I wrote that back in 2001 and it is still (pretty much) accurate.

Rather than mailing submissions to the old address in Arkansas, however, please contact me offline if you need to send printed material. The same info will also be on the new ISSCA website when it goes online and I expect to get that page updated later this year...

G
#19 ·
Originally posted by Rustic:
Sorry... I just noticed this post... just got back from SSHS5.

I'm the one to blame for the late mags. I have everything I need and just haven't had time to put it all together. I've gotten myself spread way to thin. I should finish it up this week/weekend and get it off to Harvey for printing.

I'm planning to hand this task over to someone soon... hopefully that will take care of the "late issues issue". I have just promised too many things to too many people.
Hi Chris:
Maybe you are too RUSTIC ;) .
How about some synthetic mental lubricant?

In all fairness, Is there anything I can do to help?
Dan

G
#20 ·
Thanks for the offer Dan... but at this point I am passing the reigns to (the other) Dan (Johnsen)... as posted above. So you can offer him the help from now on.

I finished the "Nationals Issue" and the publisher has it now. It's my biggest one yet at 40 pages. I'm hoping it makes up a little for all the delays and I hope every one enjoys it.

I'm very glad that Dan as agreed to take over and I'm sure he will do a great job... just as he has done in the past.

I plan to still contribute all I can toward getting on a schedule that's more consistent. I know that I have harmed many peoples' view of ISSCA because the mag wasn't showing up... and I want to do what I can to correct that.

G
#23 ·
hell, i just looked at my stack, and the last issue was 2004, does that mean i didnt get nuthin all year (only 3 issues in 2005 right?), man i aint even paying attention to time anymore, i gotta pay more attention, swo i can complain or ask for a copy sooner, sheesh.
who do i contact again?

G
#25 ·
No, Carl. It went to the printers this weekend. Thanks for asking.

Of course the club appreciates your support in its efforts to rectify the problems with getting this magazine published. Gotta fix things one at a time and the first evidence of that will be this MONSTER issue hitting your mailbox. We truely believe we have made great strides in fixing this problem allowing the club to move on to other pressing club business. Like how to keep a few hundred rabid b-body owners happily occupied for 5 days come July.

Anyone else have a question or need some help with a club related issue?

PM me.
E-mail me: boilrmkr@surfsouth.com
Call me toll free during business hours:
(877) 994-8778, ext. 139
On my cell after hours: (229) 798-0664
Or look for me on the ISSCA forums.

Gene Zebley
ISSCA # 1569
ISSCA Director Region 9 (MS, AL, GA, TN)
ISSCA Public Relations Officer

G
#26 ·
That's Public Relations?

[bill the cat voice] phhhhhhhhhhttt !!!!!

Quit trying to make nice Gene...

In some places in this world its snowing - and people are bored...

and its easier to dream about mods when there are pictures to look at and articles to read...

[Isn't it hard to bring in advertising revenue if you don't print magazines?]

I do appreciate you tryin though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.