Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

The beast is begging for a drop but I've only got the budget for a interior job right now. Any inexpensive methods of dropping her ?. What do you think about cutting the current 9C1 springs I have on her ?.

Diesel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's not a bad solution. Keep in mind though, you CANNOT cut the rear springs. You can, however, cut the front springs to lower the front of the car. There are alot of ways you can do this. Try a search and you will come up with a few options. If you want the cheapest way, you can get a hack saw and just have it. It's tiring, and will take a little while but you'll get there soon enough. Depending on how low you want to go, will determine how many coils, or fractions of coils you'll wanna cut.

On a side note: I have a set of Impala springs that I will sell you cheap. Let me know if you want them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bruisser,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into hacking the current springs. On the other hand, I might be able to "spring" for the impala springs but if memory serves me correctly, the 9C1 springs are stiffer than the impala springs right ? (i could be totally off on that)

Diesel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do believe you are correct. The 9C1 springs ARE stiffer than the SS ones. I'm not sure by how much though. I don't know if it's a noticeable either. I'm only offering the springs because I think with the front end all low, and the back staying stock, it may not look very good. It all depends on how much you drop the front, and what your tastes are. My SS springs would bring your rear end down so it wasn't all jacked up the air. Just let me know man. Like I said, I'll sell em to ya real cheap. I ain't in the business of rippin people off and trying to squeeze money out of em. I'd just like to help ya out if I can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruisser,
I appreciate all the info. Think I'll take you up on that offer. How much are you asking for the springs ?. I can come pick them up in pleasanton if we can strike a deal. Thanks again for the know how.

Diesel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.