Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Glen on making it to semi final of Big Dawg.
Glen did a good job on the tree but the Marauder had him covered by about
a second on ET. If Glen was shooting nitrous to that BBC it may have been a
different outcome.
We WILL have an Impala take back the crown next year. But Who???
Mike

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
et

I think the Marauder went 9.71 @ 140mph. Not sure what Glen ran.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't forget Big John

Don't forget Big John has already run 8.67 @ 150mph. You might need to step it up some from low 9s.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I can't wait to see the video when I get home from work.

Just so you know, I scrapped my N2O idea before coming down there because I didn't have a license for a 9 second pass and figured there's no way I'd beat John anyway. However, tech inspection this year was a joke and licenses weren't being checked. This just goes to show that you never know what will happen and you should always come prepared for anything. Heck, a 50 shot would have been enough for 2nd qualifier and I might have made it into the finals. My originally planned 250 shot probably would have made it an Impala victory.

Well, no more excuses and if "IF" where gifts and "Buts" where nuts, we'd have a Christmas party. All I can say now is, I'll be ready next year!

· Registered
203 Posts
Ssmitty - what's the story behind the drag car in your signature. Did I miss something?

Is this a project you're working on or just some cool artwork?

Regardless ............. it looks awesome!

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts

Well, no more excuses and if "IF" where gifts and "Buts" where nuts, we'd have a Christmas party. All I can say now is, I'll be ready next year!
A. Your typical dumbass ***. You brought a knife to the gunfight!
ALWAYS BE PREPARED!

B. don't rush home Stump...the video is good until you launch...Mr.Smitty forgot to zoom down the track so you can't see the clock. Grade: D :D

Ssmitty - what's the story behind the drag car in your signature. Did I miss something?

Is this a project you're working on or just some cool artwork?

Regardless ............. it looks awesome!
I believe it's his white 572 BBC Cappy that broke. Looks like the artwork for the rebirth!

^^^ Video shot with my own chubby fingers!!! ^^^

That's how you shoot a drag race video kids!

· Registered
2,201 Posts

Just so you know, I scrapped my N2O idea before coming down there because I didn't have a license for a 9 second pass and figured there's no way I'd beat John anyway. However, tech inspection this year was a joke and licenses weren't being checked. This just goes to show that you never know what will happen and you should always come prepared for anything. Heck, a 50 shot would have been enough for 2nd qualifier and I might have made it into the finals. My originally planned 250 shot probably would have made it an Impala victory.

Nice run anyway Stump..!

Hindsight is 20-20..
You should used the 250 shot.
AND
Only on those last runs.
What were they going to do, DQ you??

Dan

· Registered
2,326 Posts
A. Your typical dumbass ***. You brought a knife to the gunfight!
ALWAYS BE PREPARED!
Yea, next time I'll ignore all the stern warnings about license requirements. Oh and if mom decides to have open heart surgery a week before the race again, then I'll just send a GWS card and keep working away on the car for that one day race. :p

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Yea, next time I'll ignore all the stern warnings about license requirements. Oh and if mom decides to have open heart surgery a week before the race again, then I'll just send a GWS card and keep working away on the car for that one day race. :p
She has SOME nerve!

BTW I hope you know my line about bringing a knife to the gunfight was from The Untouchables.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Lol, it looks like Jeff hit the brakes twice. Wasn't that his fastest run of the day?

I like this one too, I tree'd his butt, but not how I wanted it to end... ;)

· Registered
329 Posts
We WILL have an Impala take back the crown next year. But Who???
Mike

Maybe me... But im keepin quiet on my build:D Yall can search but im goin a different route then i originally intended! But YES we WILL take it all home next year

· Premium Member
1,494 Posts
lol, I will see what room I have once 9.0 goal is completed...you better believe I want big John though...
you just wait, I'm gonna go home and get my rail job, you'll see then....cwm5cwm5

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
next year

who says it wil be a impala ss to win it back next year lol ;)
I meant to say a Caprice OR an Impala SS will win it back :)
I don't think any Fords will make it to the final round of Big Dawg in 2010

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.