Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you wanted a factory Impala ten bolt that can hold up to 9 second passes this is your chance to have it at half the cost. It's as trick as possible and has went as fast as 9.2 at 157 MPH and thats in a 4500 pound Impala. So more than enough for 99% of you out here. Shipped to you with the spool and gears already setup. You just bolt it in using all your factory setup, install your backing plates, brakes and bolt in the axels. All factory parts bolt to this rear-end including your factory sway bar, ABS and anything you can think of.

1. Moser 33 spline axles
2. Axles are gun drilled and flange lightening to cut almost 10 pounds out of them without weakening them.
3. C-Clip eliminators already pressed on the axels and set to the correct spacing
4. Strange steel spool
5. Spool is lightened by star cut to gear flange
6. Special ARP 12 mm studs cut to fit behind the center caps of factory Impala rims
7. Moser 1350 steel pinion yoke
8. Custom anti-roll bar brackets welded to rear end housing. This allows you to install a Competition Engineering Anti-Roll bar with no welding required. All the welding has already been done for you:)
9. Will install a new 3:90 performance gear with solid crush sleve and factory ABS reluctor. A 3:90 gear is the best of both worlds, not too much from a 3:73 for the street so you don't kill it on the highway, but not too far from a 4:11 to give you more axel torque when you punch it!!
10. LMS rear support cover.
11. Special upper control arm bushings pressed into the axel housing.
12. Gloss Black, looks like new and ready to just bolt in your Impala.

If you did the above to your own rear end it would cost you over $1,800 and that's only if you did all the work, not paying for someone else to do it for you.

Your cost $1,000 plus shipping. That's a steal for someone!!!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Sounds like smokin deal, but wouldn't I need to get the backing plates milled down thinner to fit the C clip elims. Also wouldnt I lose the parking brake?

Nab

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
+1, also interested, but have the same questions.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jeff,

Sounds like smokin deal, but wouldn't I need to get the backing plates milled down thinner to fit the C clip elims. Also wouldnt I lose the parking brake?

Nab
If the C-clips are spaced correctly then you can just bolt on the stock backing plates. The only thing I have seen is sometimes you have to clean up the casting under the cylinder for the parking brake.

It works with the parking brake also. Where you run into trouble is if you want huge wheels/tires as the cable is in the way. But if you don't put on much larger tires than it all works like the factory.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Sold!

I'll take it (or 'one', if more than one exists).

PM Sent.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Installed.

};^)>

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Did you get the parking brake (shoes) to fit?

Nab

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Did you get the parking brake (shoes) to fit?

Nab
I had to remove a bit of 'casting flash':

But, yeah, it all fit (this was the test fit-up):

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts