Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what I'm repalcing the pump with,I ran outta gas a couple of times on the old pump ( which was identical to this one) and it's whining now, so I had it warrantied out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is one hugemongouse door. (looks good).
I think that Walbro pump is the exact same one I have. And it works great so far. It does make a whine but I thought all pumps did that. (the all knowing will recognize the hotrodded fuel pump sound from behind).
Karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by inmyss:
v8killer
where did you get that fuel pump?
i need one so i can run 150 N20 :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got it from APE in Texas, the guy has incredible customer service.
I called him up 5 months after I got this one and he looked me up, he just sent me another one and aggreed to wait till I put the new one in and send him the old one back for warranty, now that's understanding.

here's the website, tell him Shawn Meratinia sent you, he'll take care of you well, excellent prices and fast fast fast delivery.
http://members.home.com/syclone/APE/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys,

Don't believe for a minute that those little replacement pumps will give you anywhere near 65gals/hr at 43psi at the fuel rail.

My buddy and I tested a 255lt/hr pump in his Mustang, and at the rail he was getting 177 at 43psi. He wound up adding one of my old Hypertech inlines as a helper pump. (he runs 11.0s at 123 on N2O). Mustang fuel systems are almost identical to ours.

I would strongly urge anyone with a big shot of N2O to actually flow test any pump they use to make sure the flow is adequate right at the fuel rail. Most of these pumps have been rated at free flow with no pressure.

You will need to flow 10gal/hr @ 43psi(38lt/hr with a 10% reserve) for every 100hp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These numbers were at the pump output. You still should test them at the fuel rail. It will make a BIG difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSMOKEM:
These numbers were at the pump output. You still should test them at the fuel rail. It will make a BIG difference.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do I test them at the fuel rail? what tool do I need to use?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All you need is a rubber tube, gallon bottle and timer

Disconnect your return line and stick the rubber tube on the output of the regulator. You need to make sure it's the return line, it's the smaller of the two, closest to the firewall.

Then turn the pump on with the car off. On top of the passenger side wheelwell you will find an unused electrical connector just hanging. This is a hot lead to the pump. Just connect it to positive and the pump will turn on.

Leave it on for 30 seconds, then pour what you have in the gallon bottle into a measuring cup. Multiply by 120, and this will give you the flow/hour.

My pump flowed 102 ounces in 30 seconds (3.1 quarts). There are 128 ounces in a gallon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.