Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have begun work on my 96 RM wagon and at first I thought of a totally wild pant job with an 18-20 rim combo but I have changed direction. I think I will keep the car basically stock, stock rims, bumpers, grille etc, with a slight twist.

The car is DCM. I have already removed most of the woodgrain, and the sides of the car will be smooth once completed. The front bumper cover I am replacing with a new stock piece, which I will paint DCM monochromatic to eliminate the black and chrome, same on the rear bumper. The factory grille needs to be replaced, so I gotta get a new one of them, and a nice new collectors edition hood ornament is on its way as well.

I am going to drop the car a bit, not drastic, probably 2 inches all around. The stock wheels I really think would look very nice chromed, now I need some opinions on that. I like the wheels, and think with some lower profile tires, without the white wall, and some chrome with a lower stance would give the car a stock, yet performance minded look.

I really love this car. I think restoring it to close to factory appearance with some minor mods to the body is just the ticket the car deserves. I am excited about this project and the look it will have when done.

I came up with this idea last weekend when we were stranded 40 miles from home with a busted tie rod end LOL.

God the wagons are the best!!!

As with the car pictured below, I will be adding to my poormanss website with a new wagon project page.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That sounds like a good plan. There aren't many of the 94-96 wagons around, and every one that gets heavily modified shrinks the pool. You will be happier with the car longer too. I look forward to seeing the photos.

John C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're right to go in this direction. I too like the aluminum RM wheels. I have been very satisfied with my 255/60-15 tires on my wagon and they look nice-n-wide fron the front or rear. Let us know how things progress.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.