Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

Can anyone tell me if the TDM is in the same place as in the Impalas? I've been reading that it is under the dash just above where the brake pedal is, above a black metal plate.

I need to bypass it, since the key bypass didn't fix the problem. I've already tuned the VATS out of the PCM, now I just need to jump the A4 to B5 pins.

I just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place on the Fleetwood.

Thanks.
Constantine

·
Registered
523 Posts
In the fleetwood it also goes by Remote Control Door Lock Receiver/Theft Deterrent Module. It's located under the rear high mount brake light cover. After pulling off the cover look through the back window to get a better idea of how to pull it out. I just pulled up on mine and it came out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the fleetwood it also goes by Remote Control Door Lock Receiver/Theft Deterrent Module. It's located under the rear high mount brake light cover. After pulling off the cover look through the back window to get a better idea of how to pull it out. I just pulled up on mine and it came out.
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bypassed it completely. You wouldnt know how the idiot light bulbs come out that are on either side of the speedo do you? I tried to remove the bulb for the pass key fault, but it just wouldnt come out...it broke instead. Thanks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If I remember correctly you pull the cluster out and there are green light sockets that you twist and pull that houses the bulbs. You'll probably need some needle nose to squeeze the tabs to twist them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry a little late on that one. just seen you already got an answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts