Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, they are.. Check the e-bay link, just posted it to get the pics up somewhere.. I don't know any other way?? :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone want to send me a Impala and a Caprice script? I got the SS. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, went back to the drawing board on the new brackets. I had the hole for the head unit down .0425" too far. I moved it up so now it is exactly centered in the old HVAC conrtol location in the dash plastic. This hole measures 2.265" top to bottom. The trim ring on my deck measures 2.3" This means that there is only .035" of plastic that needs to be sanded off of the dash plastic to allow clearance for the trim ring. That's .0175" off the top and .0175" off the bottom. That's not much! I imagine the trim ring will squeeze in there with minimal sanding, if at all. What this means is NO MODIFING YOUR DASH FOR THIS KIT, AT ALL!! (with the exception of two 1/8" holes on the inner plastic for clearance) This will look factory installed in this location. Disregaurd all the trimming I said was nessicary with these new ones. Yes guys, they are now perfict. You Will be happy. Sorry for the price increase but there has been alot of programing time involved, but this kit is worth it, you will see the time invested in it when you receive it. Any orders placed will be for new style brackets, again I am ready now! :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for getting the pics posted for me Andrew! :D :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohh yea, I got 3 kits in the trunk of the caprice right now. Send some $ and I'll swing by UPS the next day! Don't worry I'm working on getting more cut right now. :D :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, is there any kits for 91 caprice???
IF so let me know, IM interested.

Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got mine today; this thing looks nice!
I'm gonna wait to pull my dash apart til I get something else that needs to go in there too.

Two questions: First, the two loose plates that came in the box, taped together.. where do those go? I don't see mention in the instructions.

Second, in step 9, the holes get drilled in the dash structure and not in the relocation plate, correct? I wasn't sure at first but, after rereading, that seems the most logical.

Thanks again! :cool:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey man, thanks for compliment! The two plates are spacers for ISO installing. (screwing the deck in from the sides rather then using the install sleeve) The two lower screws that bolt the HVAC controls to the relocate kit are what needs attention. Where they pass through they will contact the internal dash plastic. You need to drill 2 holes in the dash plastic, large enough to clear the nuts. Put the kit up to the dash and bolt it in without the HVAC control installed, drill a pilot hole using the installed relocate kit as your template. Remove the kit and drill the holes larger. The lower edge of the kit needs to sit flush against the dash plastic. The bolts or nuts can't hold it up. This will be very clear once you start your install.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!

And Thanks Again!

Sean

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This post is a little unclear and i just stumbled upon it. So what exactally is this? Just a hvac relocation kit, or something else too? Also, for how much. thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check out this e-bay listing. It's to relocate your head unit to where your HVAC controls are. I have sold a good amount of them outside of e-bay and everyone has been very happy with them. They sell for $65, the price goes up for custom orders. Usually $10 to ship. I'm all sold out now, but I WILL have more ready in a few weeks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wanted to let everyone know I now have more kits ready to go. I can ship instantly after payment is recieved. I do not have any fill panels with laser engrave text and am unsure if I will continue to make these due to lack of intrest in the text.

I don't mean to upset anyone here, but all production on these kits so far has been billed as prototype work and I have been selling these kits as cheap as I can. All of the departments have now given me their final pricing, in addition, a few more CAD/programing hours in the final revision billed in, These kits are now selling for $75.00 plus $10 to ship. Sorry guys, but I have to! However, you will not be let down when you get these things! It is money well spent for a bolt in mod to you Chevy.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bring it back one time! :D

Are these still available? I need one.
J

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea guys! I got em stocked up in my garage ready to go. I sell em to forum members for $90 plus $10 shipping. Contact me through this page, e-mail me at [email protected], or just send a palpal payment to the same addy as my e-mail. Or purchase them off my e-bay auction. My e-bay user name is Andersonfab402.

Thanks, sorry I don't check this page too much. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts