Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the car into work today. I just replaced the fuel pump/filter/sender this past weekend. Fuel pressure was good Monday, at 40psi. Drove the first 15 miles into work and all seemed to be working well. I stopped at a light and as I went to accelerate away from the light I started to bog down and back fire around 2000 RPM, I have no power beyond 2000 RPM.

When I press the accelerator it just seems to bog down and starts to backfire.

I have not stalled from this. At first I though the tranny was slipping, but since the RPMs were not increasing I am not thinking that. I know the tranny is having so issues, reverse is weak and slow to engage.

I will check fuel pressure when I make it home tonight, as I do not have the guage with me.

I did check and there were not any codes in the computer.

What else should I be checking?

Plugs and wires are less than 500 miles on them.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well maybe not, I went out at lunch and started the car an it rev'ed up just fine. I am not sure what iti is, maybe the ICM, since it happened after the car was hot.

I have tried to take the ICM into 2 advance and 2 autozone parts stores and none of them seem to be able to test the ICM for the 1994 roadmaster.

Any pointers?

Rich

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I will look at that again, As I just changed the old seized one with a used one I had. The used one would hold vacuum and seemed to function correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.