Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out ebay the other day and saw some airbag setups for a decent price. I only really want to drop when I park, so is it okay to get just a front-back system? Also does any one know where to get front and rear brackets for our cars? Any install pics would be helpful. Has anyone used these airbag systems from ebay? Im sure they arent high quality, but like I said, I only want to drop when I park, and raise when I drive.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since this is something that is a vital component of your automobile, you don't want to be a cheapskate and buy poor quality parts, even though all you want to do is drop it when you park.

While you can use a 2-way system (front/back), you'll have body roll like crazy on curves. You'd do much better to go with a 4-way system. Some people will also tell you that you need 1/2" lines and valves. You DON'T. A 3/8" line size will be much easier to control and fine tune. A 1/4" line will offer even more control and not drop you like a rock.

That said, the only place I can say with 100% certainty that you'll get a quality system from is Air Ride Technologies. While they aren't cheap, the quailty of their stuff is top notch and the customer service is the BEST in the business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts