Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone seems to really like these mufflers. How do these compare to the Flowmaster 40 series? I currently run Magnaflows & think there too quiet. Performance wise which is the better choice? Which model/part# does everyone run on the Spin Tech's? Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have spintech ProStreets and they are loud, im probably one of the loudest cars in my area. They have some drone into the cabin on the highway but nothing that i cant cover with the radio. They also have super pro's which are a little louder and sportsman which are a little quiter. They have a unique sound to them.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Performance wise, you really won't see much of a difference between most of the performance mufflers at near stock power levels.

The spintechs do have a very unique sound to them. I rather like it.

I have a pypes X pipe, and Spintech Prostreets on 2 of my Roadmasters. I really like the way they sound and they are loud. Over a mile away, I could hear my dad leaving a stop light in Buffmans car. This one has headers, no cats, and no OTA pipes. It does drone on the highway with this setup... But a lot of it is the fact that it has no Over The Axle pipes. The other Roadmaster(Jesus) has a VERY similar setup, but doesn't drone nearly as bad. It still drones a little bit, but the exhaust stops about 2 feet before the bumper. I'm sure that adds to the drone. It has stock manifolds, no cats, pypes X pipe, Spintech Prostreets, Dynomax OTA pipes, and no tips(yet). I have been meaning to finish it, but I lost the key. cwm3

When I first put the setup on Jesus, it had stock cats. It sounded good, but wasn't loud enough, and didn't have that jaw dropping tone I wanted. I hacked the cats off, and it was near perfection. Now all it needed was a little chop from a bigger camshaft.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I have 6334's on both of my cars. 2.5", offset in, offset out. It's worth mentioning that I had issues with putting OTA pipes on with this setup. The prostreet muffler body is only about half as wide as most performance mufflers. I had to cut off and twist the S bends on the pypes X pipe. The S normally goes up, but I had to twist them so they went out. Otherwise, the muffler outlet was not in the right spot for the correct placement of the dynomax mufflers. Buffman had the same issues, which is why he ended up cutting his OTA pipes off. The OTA pipes were rubbing the upper control arms, which is not good.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/muf...-2-1/2-side-2-1/2-side-opposite/prod_243.html

Here are some vids of the mufflers on Buffmans car. I don't know why my camera started to suck at taking in the sound. the first vid distorts until about 10 seconds.

Matt's Video does the exhaust much better justice. I will be making more video's whenever I get this car running, and find the key for the other one. I have a much better camera now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZrHN_kfuw

·
Registered
869 Posts
heres mine the morning after i put them on, not the best clip, i want to get another while driving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.