Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the seller since the car showed up on my routine Florida Craigslist time wasting. He had nice photos and no price. No price because he has it on eBay also. His story seems to line up.

I have the exact same car in Dark Adriatic Blue rather than Medium Adriatic Blue. Same blue interior. Only a bit over 100K miles. He is stuck on the $12,500 and it may well be worth it. Look at the trunk and look at the interior. All trunk pieces in place, clean and neat. The carpet mats are immaculate, snapped in place, clean and no wear on the carpet edge. Story is the rear seat has never been sat upon. Surprising there are no engine compartment photos or undercarriage photos.

I'd love to buy this car but...need another car like, well pick something...money in the bank?

Car is in Sanford, FL.

Link on eBay: Cadillac Fleetwood Fleetwood Brougham | eBay

Craigslist: https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5562875078.html

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
It looks ok, but I have the same interior and way tired of it. The seller likely figures the car ain't hurting nothing where it's sitting so try high, and wait a few months and sell for $9-10k. What do you think it's worth?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's it worth?

I like mine but it is not stock anymore, although equally as clean. Don't know about you but I see low mileage Fleetwood Broughams and Roadmaster wagons with what I consider stupid high asking prices. I paid a stupid high price for my '96 FWB. Wish I had not. While it was fun, there were so many little things to correct before it was up to my standards I'll take an unmolested car any day. Down here there seem to be hardtops and tow package Brougham cars appearing on Craigslist with some astonishing regularity. Just how much abuse one wants...

I would not even hazard a price on this one without aphysical inspection. Not sure it's worth $12.5 but $8 would proabaly be a steal. Actually, the correct price is whatever anyone will pay for it, as with all things.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi Richard

Twenty Nine K sure isn't many miles, but it is a PA car. Maybe that might have something to do with no pictures of the engine or undercarriage. I guess you'd have to take a look at the car. Like you, I have more than enough, two wagons and a Fleetwood. No one ever sat in my Fleetwood's back seat either. I bought it from a 92 year old doctor's family. It had 66K miles, 4 years later I'm up to 69K.

Tom

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Beautiful car!

Do the Fleetwoods use the same TS Switch and window switches as the Chev and RMS?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Beautiful car!

Do the Fleetwoods use the same TS Switch and window switches as the Chev and RMS?
Can't help you out there Mike. They look the same, not sure if they are.

Mike is the cowl seal still holding up?

Tom

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I like mine but it is not stock anymore, ...

Richard Snipes

hahah good one. Name me one that is - at least after we get our hands on it anyway. lol

I'm caught in the terrible trauma of deciding whether to keep the FTSS ANOTHER 15 years and cram an ever-escalating amount of parts and pieces into it to counter all those years of my abuse, or give up and snag an STS-V, or, hunt just down a 'new' Fleetwood - you know for something completely different.

On my completely 1/2 assed research 5X,XXX milers appear to be getting offered for $10-25k, and selling for $10-12k. lol

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Can't help you out there Mike. They look the same, not sure if they are.

Mike is the cowl seal still holding up?

Tom

YES! No rain leaks on the 3 "B" Bodies! Thank You, "Mechanic God"!

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
One question I'd have to ask; if the car is so unmolested then why is the "Cadillac" and "Brougham" script on the filler panel below the trunk lid instead of where it belongs ON the trunk lid?

I know, maybe it just fell off...

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Well - good catch. With 0 Accidents the lid still looks orange-skinney in that area. BTW my emblems there somehow disappeared 14 years ago. :eek:

Alas, auction Ended. boohoo

·
Registered
486 Posts
I like mine but it is not stock anymore, ...

Richard Snipes
hahah good one. Name me one that is - at least after we get our hands on it anyway. lol
That's an oddity I haven't been able to figure out. With one, and only one exception, I've never seen a 93-96 Fleetwood for sale that was anything other than bone stock, and I looked at a lot of them online and a few in person before I bought the one I have now. They always still had all the resonators on the intake, factory stereo, factory exhaust, etc., etc.

And the mileage doesn't seem to matter, it could have 20k or 200k on the odometer. And the only reason I didn't buy the one that was already modified to my liking was that it already had 230k on it and the guy was asking $1500 more than the stock one I bought with half that mileage.

But as soon as I come on here or any other forum with B-body related stuff, you can't find a stock Fleetwood. I can only assume that once people such as ourselves get a hold of one, we never let it go. Which is understandable, I've had clunkers, I've had sporty little convertibles, I've had FWD caddys, once I got behind an LT1 Fleetwood though, it was something else completely different and far better.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For what it's worth...

The Craigslist link I posted in the beginning has "been deleted" but when I searched for Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, there is is in all its blueness...check this link:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5567848649.html

Been some good thoughts here. I wonder what it actually does look like.

Tom, I'll send you a PM as interested in what you came up with sealing moisture.

Thanks,

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom...

I spent much time tonight researching all your posts in the search and found your seam sealer fix. Great information. YES, I need to do that before the next big Florida rain. Although if it did not leak after the one in Gainesville Wednesday, I wonder...

As for the placement of the trunk emblem on the blue '94 on Craigslist, I noticed that also but it looks kinda ok. That dealer sticker has to go though. Maybe he moved the emblem, but why? Who knows. At least it's straight, unlike a lot of car emblems I see out there...when looking at car butts in traffic!

Have a good weekend.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deleted or not?

I get "deleted" on the links but when I go to Craigslist, Gainesville, FL, and put in Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, there it is. Same ad exactly.

Someone could call the guy. This is right off the ad not 3 minutes ago. His "Sel" is in the contact copy:

One owner.
Only 29000 Miles
Always garage kept.
Everything works perfectly.
Excellent.
$ 12500 OBO.
Call , e-mail or Text owner Sel 407 4159080

I sent a text last week & no reply but he answered a call.

Interesting...I'm letting this go.

Richard Snipes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts