Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my wagon,but...This is the 3rd time won't start. always times its raining out. As long as I
keep cranking it I can feel it kicking and running rough, stop cranking and then it stops. Next day runs great.....I don't have a lot of money to throw at it, I want to fix it.....PLEASE HELP... Oldhead

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Could be 1000 things ,,,,,,

My personal " it won't start cold- wet" go to for the 94-94 LT1 is coil tower and coil wire .

Because yours is trying, but not quite, possibly plug wires or moisture on or inside optispark

Total guesses

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Next day runs great..

Some day it's running perfect try misting water on different areas to see if you can get it to stall. Get the IC and ICM wet as mentioned, plus all the plug wires, sensor connectors, especially get the opti wet.

I take it you've done a fuel press test to make sure it ain't just marginal to begin with.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
like Gerry said I'd suspect an arcing coil wire or coil. If you don't have cardiac problems you can jiggle the coil wire with the car running to see if you get a jolt. I don't think the coil wire is available separately anymore (maybe Ebay).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oldhead here

When you say "Coil Tower" Does that meam coil ??? Thanks Oldhead

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now it starts in the rain

My thread two weeks ago about my wagon won't start in the rain. "95 Wagon "answered and I followed what he said, I found part of the coil boot missing then saw what looked like a pencil line down the tower. using a bench grinder I ground the line off. Now it starts good in the rain and have a new delco coil for it. THANK YOU "95 WAGON":smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: OLDHEAD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts