Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted S&W this week about making pre-bent kits for our cars. They said they would love to. Being they are only 1 hour from me, I am bringing the impala tothem so they can take all the measurements they need. I will be getting an 8 point rollbar. S&W is a very high quality top shelf company. They are no small little rinky dink company. Their name is very big in the serious race car industry. For the qaulity of their work, their prices are very reasonable. The 8 point mild steel rollbar will cost $170, and their shipping charges are not through the roof. They will be ready for orders after I get my car to them next week. Check their website out www.swracecars.com

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
price sounds good Alex, please post up pics once you get it installed. can they do swing out bars on both sides? mine will still be a semi-daily driver but this could be the incentive to go up a jet size.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes u can get swing out bars. If I am correct, what u do is install the cage completley, and then buy the swing out kit for $35 and cut it in afterwards. Very easy to do. That's what I'm gonna do only on the driver side.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely be posting pictures after the install. I am going there Wednesday morning for them to take the measurements. So I assume by early the following week my kit should be ready for pickup! Then the install will go on.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I'm looking forward to pics or maybe I'll stop by and check it out.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
You might want to verify whether or not the price includes notching the ends. Bending the tubing is only part of the process.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Wow 170 **** that's cheap!!! But is that your price since ur taking the 1st one made or the acual sale price? And ask them about making it in chromoly and jig notching....

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
too bad you can't let them keep your car while they work on this. They might need additional measurements or need to check clearances once it is installed.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
350 u can deff come by n check it out.
As far as the pipe, u can get chromoly or DOM!
And that will be the price for everyone.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
too bad you can't let them keep your car while they work on this. They might need additional measurements or need to check clearances once it is installed.
They are top notch. I will gaurantee there will be no fitment issues. Like I said, they are not some small company doing it out of their garage. Their engineer will take all the measurements needed for any bar or cage on Wednesday on my car, and he will be on point. They are the one and only company I have never heard people say they had fitment issues. I hear alot that Chris Alston has fitment issues. And when I called him, he did say the kit he sells for our cars, is a universal kit. This s&w kits will be for our car only.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I contacted S&W this week about making pre-bent kits for our cars. They said they would love to. Being they are only 1 hour from me, I am bringing the impala tothem so they can take all the measurements they need. I will be getting an 8 point rollbar. S&W is a very high quality top shelf company. They are no small little rinky dink company. Their name is very big in the serious race car industry. For the qaulity of their work, their prices are very reasonable. The 8 point mild steel rollbar will cost $170, and their shipping charges are not through the roof. They will be ready for orders after I get my car to them next week. Check their website out www.swracecars.com

I just called them up..
Looks like I will be getting one too.

Alston Chassis does not have a chance..

WOW what great customer service..

This one is so cheap NAB could actually buy and install a real one..

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I'd like to see how this fits installed first, but I am interested as well. Please post pics when finished.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just called them up..
Looks like I will be getting one too.

Alston Chassis does not have a chance..

WOW what great customer service..

This one is so cheap NAB could actually buy and install a real one..

Dan
I am glad to hear that u are very pleased. And u will be even more once we get this going and u get ur cage. Yeah I've been pm'ing Nab so he knows about this too. Hopefully he jumps in too.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Interested as well and I am close that I could bring the car to them.

Curtis

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Y wood u want to bring ur car to them? Once they use mine on Wednesday for the measurements then we will be golden. They will not need a bbody any more to make a kit. They will be taking all measuremts needed.

Also the $170 price is for the 8 point where the back bars go down on a angle threw the backseat. So u won't be able to use ur backseat. I will be getting the kit so that th rear posts go threw the holes in the roof deck where our 6x9's are this way I can still use my back seat if for some reason I need to. Being I never used it yet. So they said that will cost a little bit more. I will find out on wednesday. They said not much more though.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
their stuff is usaully always notched. i will find out on monday becuz i will call. im 99% sure it is. but notching is never perfect no matter where u get a cage from. so im sure there will prolly need to be some tweaking done.
some of u guys that want everything to be perfect when it comes to notching are prolly thinking of "Hold to Weld". Those kits are usually like $600.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I will be getting the kit so that th rear posts go threw the holes in the roof deck where our 6x9's are this way I can still use my back seat if for some reason I need to. Being I never used it yet. So they said that will cost a little bit more. I will find out on wednesday. They said not much more though.
That is the configuration that I would be interested in as well. Please post pricing when you have it, including the swing-out door bar adder. And installed pics would be awesome too. THANKS!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts