Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran the car for the first time on a track at ImpalaFest. Had a GREAT time doing it and it was quite an experience. Wish it had been a 1/4 mile track instead of an 1/8 but I'll take what I can get Anyway here is my best slip out of 5 runs.

Time: 1800
R/T: .880 (worst of the night
)
60' 2.267
330 6.360
Mph 55.93
1\8 9.677
Mph 73.80

Mods in sig, car has 145K and was running with just shy of 1/2 tank 87 octane. Everything in the car, tool box, spare, etc. just like on the street. Comments welcome!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keep in mind that Texas big city gas (AKA, RFG) SUCKS. Also, our mods are similar, and I was not able to break out of the 10.0x's... I had a full tank of gas though and, like you, everything is in the car. I do however, have broken manifold bolts...

Oh, I was running the car with the engine heat-soaked to keep the times consistant. Were you? I know I run considerably quicker if I let the engine cool down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Wayne,

My best time was on my 4th run, the weather was getting a little cooler which helped. I just ran it as is, if there was a break between runs I poped the hood but that's it. Whatever cooling came from that was negated by sitting in the lanes for a little while waiting to run. Similar mods, but unless I'm mistaken your still running though manifolds? Can't really complain if the headers gave me 3-4 tenth's in the 1/8 mile I guess. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am still running on manifolds also, with a leak in there somewhere.
I was also on street tires with a full tank of gas and the trunk and back seat full. In fact, my headers were in the back seat :D My runs were all 8.9-9.1 with 75-76mph. My slowest was against Wayne when he tried to make me break out by letting off early then getting back on it. I ran a [email protected] like 69 on that run.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by AdioSS:
I am still running on manifolds also, with a leak in there somewhere.
I was also on street tires with a full tank of gas and the trunk and back seat full. In fact, my headers were in the back seat :D My runs were all 8.9-9.1 with 75-76mph. My slowest was against Wayne when he tried to make me break out by letting off early then getting back on it. I ran a [email protected] like 69 on that run.
Aren't you running 4:10 gears?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey when this weather clears up we should meet at SAR. Lets see what you'll do on the full 1/4.
my best 1/8 - 9.34 @76mph

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by EmbarkChief:
Aren't you running 4:10 gears?
yes I am. I'm also running a 3200 stall converter, but both of those hurt off the line acceleration with street tires. I couldn't flash the converter, and I still had to feather it a good bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by bigreencar:
Hey when this weather clears up we should meet at SAR. Lets see what you'll do on the full 1/4.
my best 1/8 - 9.34 @76mph
How much to they charge to run?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.