Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I'm getting ready to start some March madness upon my B-Body, and the first is by doing the front end suspension completely over. I've already purchased my Del-A-Lum CTRL arm bushings, and had the CTRL arms blasted & powder coated, and was getting ready to take the stuff over to my buddy to press in the bushings & ball joints. Then I got to thinking......

I've seen these pieces listed, but not known anyone to ever have talked about using these replacement upper center shafts.

**Moog P/N: K6210 - Offset Shaft Kit; Provides Additional Positive(+) Camber Adjustment**

Has anyone ever used these? Bad or good stories they'd like to share?

Now would be the time for me to get these and I'm looking for any input from anyone who's installed these on way or another?

As an FYI, during this March madness even, I'll also be installing 20" wheels & tires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,986 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
offset shaft

I put these on my Impala but put them on to increase to camber setting without using a giant stack of shims. I set about 1* negative camber when I did the alignment.
Ken

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the replies. It seems to make just good sense, and with the plan that literally *EVERYTHING* else in the front end system will be new, why cheap out on one part that will aid in not having a stack-up of shims, as Ken wrote.

One more thing purchased in the last week for the upcoming master overhaul!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts