Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened some time back - and a derivative is occurring again. Some months back I might reply to a thread and discover only after hitting 'Submit' that I had not seen the latest one or two posts before the last one I viewed. Today, there's at least least one thread that temporarily loads all the replies, and then within seconds removes one or more of the last ones so that all that remains is the OP and sometimes the first reply.

All the while this is happening the lower left corner is whipping through a cyclic attack of up to 10 addresses which look while either just pesky attempts to insert ads - or trojans!

Interested in whether a known cause for these symptoms - and fix of course.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
This happened some time back - and a derivative is occurring again. Some months back I might reply to a thread and discover only after hitting 'Submit' that I had not seen the latest one or two posts before the last one I viewed. Today, there's at least least one thread that temporarily loads all the replies, and then within seconds removes one or more of the last ones so that all that remains is the OP and sometimes the first reply.

All the while this is happening the lower left corner is whipping through a cyclic attack of up to 10 addresses which look while either just pesky attempts to insert ads - or trojans!

Interested in whether a known cause for these symptoms - and fix of course.
I'm running a thread rebuild now. Fix can be related to the twin data tables of the site not being in sync, or the site mis-caching threads.

The scripts you see running are ad scripts, server calls, and tracker metrics so we can keep up our analytics.

Kyle

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know there's possible explanations, and it ain't just me. Thanks for the detail.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None noted since then. Then again I let all the stuff in that was being held by Mozilla's uBlock. Maybe connected, probably not.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Few More Symptoms -

It's inconstantly taken to "starting" to load pages showing a long scrollbar and indicating a long page of results (whether 10 or 30 posts depending on logged in or not, and after 15-30 seconds of twirling waittime (and all those cycling addresses), the scrollbar vanishes and only one screen of results are left.

Nobody else seems to be whining so it's likely my end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts